Vision is more than 20/20 eyesight...At Benavente Eye Care we understand how important your children are.
Our Pediatric eye exam is designed to discover how and what your child is seeing even if they may not be able to express themselves. Non-verbal or nervous children are our specialty. Our friendly, comfortable environment works to achieve a comfortable, accurate examination.
- a complete medical and school history
- visual acuity
- Color vision testing
- depth perception testing
- focusing and eye muscle evaluation
- dilation if required to view the internal structure of the eye
We encourage parents to call our office to discuss the best time of day to bring your child for their appointment.
It is important to note that school vision screening and pediatrician vision screening are not a subsitute for a complete eye examination.
The American Optometric Association (AOA) recommends children need their eyes examined at certain developmental points, including,
- Birth, and again by 3 months. This is usually performed by your pediatrician to rule out physical defects.
- 6 months. An optometrist can ensure your child's vision is developing properly, as at this age all information is received through your child's eyes.
- 3 to 4 years. An optometrist can ensure proper vision development.
- Yearly. School age children require yearly examination
- At any time if a child displays a concern such as squinting, reading too close, poor attention at school or avoiding visual tasks
|The Bezold Effect
The Bezold effect is an optical illusion, where a color may appear different depending on its relation to adjacent colors.