Our Optometrists are located in Munster, IN, and also serve the nearby areas of St. John, Dyer, Schererville, and Highland.
I am a highly trained and experienced Doctor of Optometry:
- 1977 Graduate of Indiana University School of Optometry
- Certified to prescribe therapeutic pharmaceuticals
Professional and Civic Memberships:
- Past President of the Indiana Optometry Board
- Served 16 years on the Optometry Board
- Clinical Examiner for the National Board of Optometry for 11 years
- Clinical Instructor at the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago.
- National Board Review Committee -until 2006
Areas of Expertise:
- Extensive Clinical Experience
- Dr. Benavente has served on the National Board Review Committee of the Association of Regulatory Board in Optometry. As a committee member he participate on the review of the national board examination questions that are given to the students taking their national board for licensure in states that accept national boards. Dr. Benavente's last year on the board was in 2006.
- Holds an MBA from Indiana University
Dr. Benavente has been involved with the regulation of Optometry and has contributed many hours to the profession. You can be assured, with Dr. Benavente's vast clinical experience, your eyes will be well taken care of. Dr. Benavente has been in practice for 34 years.